Saturday, September 20, 2008

Not Just Another Day......

My sister Jaime is 9 years younger than me. She is so funny, because she always wants a big birthday bash when its her birthday. Who can blame her, right? My response to her every year is..."Sister, the older you get, its just another day." Well, this year I was wrong. I turned the big 3-9 last week. I was not too excited about it. I knew I was going to have a really busy day of piano lessons and pack meetings, etc. But, the night before the YW in our ward along with the YW leaders I serve with heart attacked/streamered our house! (pics below courtesy of Mendy who told me they were blog worthy) On my actual birthday I was inundated with phone calls and text messages from friends and family and friends I haven't gotten the chance to catch up with for a long while. It was really fun! Then again, who can forget you when your birthday falls on a day where there was the worst terrorist attack in history of this country. Right? Our YW Presidency had a fabulous lunch together. Katy, Mendy, Caryn and I have served together now about a year and a half. We have become the best of friends and I am grateful for our friendship.
Robert and the boys also made this day special with small acts of kindness throughout the day and evening and flowers and gifts. The boys really get excited about our birthdays too! I am so grateful for them, they always make me feel special. Since then I think I have been to lunch about everyday and probably gained 3 pounds with all the treats given. So, yeah, this year, it was definitely not just another day...It was a fun day! Thanks to all who made this one so special!

4 comments:

Jaime said...

Thanks for the shout out sister! Your birthday was fun this year. Well technically it was birthday week, which started with us on MONDAY! and then again on saturday oh and sunday!

Mendy said...

I had fun helping you celebrate your big day too! A fun lunch and then our late night t-pee job was so fun. Sure do love ya!

Caryn said...

Ummm, where is the {awesome} photo of you with your cake from our lunch? That was TOTALLY blog worthy. Love ya tons!

Shawni said...

I'm so glad it was such a great one, Kelee. It was so fun to come over the other day. I love that I get to be your vt so I have an excuse to come visit amongst the chaos of life. I wish we got to see you guys more often. Maybe as it cools down we'll have to walk over more often and hang out on that fun portion of the neighborhood!