Saturday, March 21, 2009

Hidden Mickeys


So, my kids saw the last post, and said, "Mom, what about the Hidden Mickeys?" what is a Hidden Mickey you ask....A Hidden Mickey is an image of Mickey Mouse concealed in the design of a Disney attraction (ride, resort, etc...). Originally, it took the shape of a head and ears silhouette, , i.e. one large circle with two smaller circled on top in the appropriate place, but Hidden Mickeys can take on many forms.

In designing, constructing or adding the final touches to an attraction, Imagineers subtly "hide" Mickey Mouse silhouettes in plain sight. Soon, it became a tradition, and as the word spread, Disney fans everywhere went on the search for Hidden Mickeys in Disney movies and theme parks.

So, we heard about this, bought this book........
and made a game out of it....it was fun! Ryan actually got pretty good at it! I'm not gonna lie though....some of them you would never have found unless you had the book! Just look.....this is on the Astro Blasters ride...ya know the Buzz Lightyear ride.....

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

I found it, I found it!! We're hoping to go this summer sometime. I'll keep my eyes peeled.

Mendy said...

After reading this post, I feel like I've had a behind the scene tour of the magic kingdom! I'm very impressed with your disney knowledge! What other tid bits of disney knowledge can you share?

chellyyy said...

I love disneyland and all of its many secerts. Can I just say I'm a tad bit jealous that you guys got to be in sunny California.... As for me I'm doing splendid. School is over in a 3 weeks and my brother just got here today.. So it means lots of cramming school and fun into one week. Alyssa got accepted and is coming here in fall.. all we have to do now is find a way to have Brittany and Scott move out here and it would be paradise. How has you and your family been lately, the trip to Disneyland looked like lots of fun.

Katy said...

That is top secret information you're giving out. Did you forget to tell me that you're a part of Disney's Club 33?

brittany+scott said...

Kelee!!! I miss disneyland and the bright sunny california weather. I have had 3 dreams in the past 2 weeks about disneyland!!! BUT I especially miss all of you. Everyone is getting so big and so grown up! Love you all!!!! See you guys soon...hopefully!

Farrow Insights said...

Kelee! I got a blog..check it out!! :)

Ashley said...

Hi there! My name is Ashley Rowe and I just happened upon your blog. I actually started a new blog recently that is devoted to finding hidden mickeys in the everyday. We took a trip to D World last fall and have been addicted ever since! Check it out, and feel free to send pics!
hiddenmickeyseverywhere.blogspot.com