Tuesday, August 11, 2009

PAAARRTTAAAY!!!

I absolutely LOVE the first day of school! The boys are excited to go. They get up and get ready for school before the crack of dawn. Even before scriptures begin. I need the schedule bad. They need the schedule. Our family functions so much better with a routine. Even if the routine seems to be a little crazy at times. I love cleaning up the kitchen knowing that nothing or noone will destroy it before 330p! Why this matters, I have no idea. I just feel less stressed. I love a little peace and quiet. I love that it's just Ryan and I hanging out. However, I do love when they come home from school. I love to hear about their day. I want to know everything...who they sat by at lunch, who they played with at recess.....and of course what they learned.

This year Brandon has started High School. I cannot believe I have a kid in high school. He is not even nervous, he doesn't have one friend in any class, but yet, he is excited. Seminary. He loves seminary. He came home from seminary and read 5 chapters in Mormon. Who does that? I love it!

Cameron has entered the 5th grade and is in a class with his 2 buddies. He has never been so happy to start school! He had to get glasses this year, but again he was very excited. Here he is on the first day of school with his buddies....
Michael was excited until we got to school...then he became extremely nervous. He told me he was going to throw up. We said another prayer and pushed on. Michael is so crazy and acts like nothing ever bothers him, but things really can. Here he is outside his classroom right before class started. I had to ask him about 10 times to smile before he actually did. Ryan and I are living happily ever after right here in the house. Getting back to the gym after being gone all summer, running errands and doing laundry. All with my little buddy. Preschool doesn't start for a couple of weeks. Next year, I will not be screaming PARTY! Next year I will be crying my eyeballs out as my baby will venture onto kindergarten. I will be on some kind of muscle relaxer I'm sure. It will be too much for me to handle.
Oh the joys and sorrows of being a Mom...I love it!

2 comments:

Mendy said...

Your partying and I'm crying... whats wrong with me???? Wait.. don't anwser that!

Kyleen and Brent said...

I'm glad your boys love school! I cannot believe Brandon is that old, really? Are you sure? Great to hear everyone is doing well! Love ya